There are many steps you can take to help attract prospective buyers, including cleaning and clearing away clutter, but what you may not know is that certain scents could help showcase your home and encourage buyers to put in an offer.
In a study of 2,000 people, UK mortgage comparison site – Bankrate UK – discovered that the nation’s favourite homely scent is freshly baked bread.
They also found that three of five age groups agreed that the scent wafting through the house not only provides comfort but also helps make your property more desirable.
Planning on putting your house on the market?
Check out what other scents you could be using that will help sell your home and where you should have them.
Top 10 scents to have in your home
- Freshly baked bread (38.6% popularity)
- Fresh linen (32.8% popularity)
- Coffee (28.7% popularity)
- Vanilla (18.8% popularity)
- Lavender (17.5% popularity)
- Fresh cut grass (15.7% popularity)
- Cinnamon (11.7% popularity)
- Chocolate (7.7% popularity)
- Blossom (6.8% popularity)
- Sandalwood (6.7% popularity)
Top scents by room
Living room – woody or oriental
Hallway – floral or oriental
Dining room – sweet
Kitchen – citrus
Bedroom – aromatic
Bathroom – citrus
Home office – woody or oriental
To start the process of buying or selling this month, contact our team today on: 01256 807 111